Stolen 98B from Tampa

Medium Caliber, Bolt Action Precision Rifle

Moderators: Barrett Forum, Samurai, Barrett

jstampa
NRA Member: yes
Military: yes

Stolen 98B from Tampa

Postby jstampa » Mon 13 Aug, 2012 7:42 pm

I would like to post that my new unfired Barrett 98B was stolen from my home in Tampa Florida sometime in July or early August. I was out of town for 6 weeks and returned to find my home burglarized. The 98B was the only weapon taken as it was the only weapon that was not in my safe. This is heartbreaking to me 2 fold. First and foremost this being such a powerful weapon I hate to see it in the wrong hands, secondly I will never be able to spend so much again after such a big loss. I do have comfort knowing this weapon has ammo that is not available easily. The serial number is 98B00480. If any Barrett lovers run across this weapon please report it immediately to local police department. This was not insured as well. Just one of things I kept telling myself I will do but never got done. Also I will report this in the classified section and hope it can stay in both forums as I am trying to get the word out. Thanks JS.[/list]
Shadow
Continuing Member
Law Enforcement: yes
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: Any .50BMG Barrett
Favorite Ammo: API, of course

Re: Stolen 98B from Tampa

Postby Shadow » Mon 13 Aug, 2012 8:05 pm

jstampa wrote:I would like to post that my new unfired Barrett 98B was stolen from my home in Tampa Florida sometime in July or early August. I was out of town for 6 weeks and returned to find my home burglarized. The 98B was the only weapon taken as it was the only weapon that was not in my safe. This is heartbreaking to me 2 fold. First and foremost this being such a powerful weapon I hate to see it in the wrong hands, secondly I will never be able to spend so much again after such a big loss. I do have comfort knowing this weapon has ammo that is not available easily. The serial number is 98B00480. If any Barrett lovers run across this weapon please report it immediately to local police department. This was not insured as well. Just one of things I kept telling myself I will do but never got done. Also I will report this in the classified section and hope it can stay in both forums as I am trying to get the word out. Thanks JS.[/list]

Sorry about your loss.

I'd suggest you make a flyer up and fax it to the local pawn shops and gun stores. Being so far south, it's unlikely it'll end up in AL or GA, etc. anytime soon.

ALSO... This is really helpful - Post the info in the AR15.com forum, specifically the "Florida" section. That's where all the Florida shooters hang out. You'd be suprised how much coverage you'll get.

Good Luck.......
ImageImageImageImage
Think_Again

Postby Think_Again » Tue 14 Aug, 2012 11:38 am

I'll post this on a few sites.

Not likely it will show up in NY... but hey you never know.

Keep an eye on armslist, and gun broker. Also the other suggestions have been good... Make sure it was listed with the police dept, so that they know to be on the look out... otherwise there won't be proof of it being stolen, and there will be nothing they can do.
Barrett Forum
Site Admin
Carry Permit: yes

Postby Barrett Forum » Tue 14 Aug, 2012 2:14 pm

Sorry to hear this news. We will also keep an eye out for that serial number. I imagine you already have, but make sure your local law enforcement is aware of the serial number. Also, check your email (the address you used to register this forum) and verify your contact information for us.
jstampa

Postby jstampa » Tue 14 Aug, 2012 5:51 pm

Thanks all for the replays. I have reported this to the local Sheriff's dept. They are very aware of this weapon and are looking. From what the detective told me the word of this theft caught a lot of attention. They have the serial number as well. Thanks again.

Return to “Model 98B”