Moderators: Barrett Forum, Samurai, Barrett

GunWhore75
Poster
NRA Member: yes
Favorite Firearm: Too Many to List!

M107 chambered in .416

Postby GunWhore75 » Thu 23 Jan, 2014 10:33 pm

Hello...

Hopefully I don't get slammed too hard for asking what I'm about to ask. But you never know unless you ask. So here I go... Will Barrett ever produce and distribute the M107 chambered in .416? My reason for asking is the M107 & M95 are the only two big bore Barrett's I lack in my collection. And being that they are only offered in .50BMG, I can't bring them into CA. Needless to say, I'd love to complete my collection of Barrett big bore rifles.

Sincerely,
Justin C.
I know a whole lot of nothing when it comes to guns!
shotgun
Favorite Firearm: M82A-1 and Desert Eagle
Favorite Ammo: Home cooked 750A-max

Re: M107 chambered in .416

Postby shotgun » Thu 23 Jan, 2014 11:23 pm

You have a great collection! that said you should move somewhere free where you could really complete your collection with a .50 BMG or 2 or 3. There really isn't any comparison get the full power version you will love it! :cheer:
"What part of Shall not be infringed don't you understand ?"
GunWhore75
Poster

Postby GunWhore75 » Fri 24 Jan, 2014 7:58 pm

Hello Shotgun

I wish it was that simple. Being I'm a 4th generation Dairy Farmer, moving isn't a possibility. I take pride in my families 100 year old business as well as the community that we live in. Not all of Cali is anti-gun.

Had said that, the only possibility of a pro-gun Californian obtaining a shoulder fired 50BMG would be if the state were to split. Which might happen if enough people in CA sign the petition that is going on to split the state into six states. But that probably needs to be introduced in an open forum.

Sincerely,
Justin C.
Barrett Sales
Board Moderator
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: REC7

Postby Barrett Sales » Mon 27 Jan, 2014 10:13 am

Unfortunately, neither of these rifles are currently being developed in .416.
GunWhore75
Poster

Postby GunWhore75 » Mon 27 Jan, 2014 11:31 pm

Hello Barrett Sales

If by chance they are ever produced in .416, please send me a message. You have no idea how bad I would love to complete my Barrett big bore collection. Heck I've even thought of getting the 50's and having a gun shop I do a enormous amount of business with re-chamber them in .416 so I could complete my collection. Yes, I know that would be insane and destroy the value of the guns. Which it is not the crazy idea that stopped me. It's the decreased value that stopped me. So I wait with a hope that one day Barrett will manufacture them.

Sincerely,
Justin C.
GunWhore75
Poster

Postby GunWhore75 » Mon 10 Feb, 2014 12:37 am

Barrett Sales wrote:Unfortunately, neither of these rifles are currently being developed in .416.

To Barrett Sales

I don't know if you know the answer to my question, but it's worth a shot. Yet, before I ask the question, I need to brief you on some details. So here I go.

A local gun smith and I examined an upper off an M107 and compared it to my 82-A-1. And during the process of taking measurements of the uppers, it sure looks like the barrel in my 82-A-1 would work in the M107. Now we did notice suttle differences in the chassis, but it looks to be only cosmetics and different materials. Likewise, the lower receivers internally don't look much different either. However, we couldn't compare the bolts, because we didn't have the bolt for the M107. But judging by the two barrels, we would suspect the designs are the same.

So here is my question. If the M107 was designed off of the 82-A-1 and only a few things, like materials or welding in pieces vurses bolting pieces, were changed to make the gun liter; then is it possible to put a 82-A-1 barrel and bolt assembly (chambered in .416) in an M107 and it function correctly?

If they are interchangeable and it will function correctly, I can put an 82-A-1 barrel & bolt (chambered in .416) in an M107 and legally transfer it in the state of California. I know I'm trying to make the unobtainable obtainable, but that is what drives me in the gun world.

Sincerely,
Justin C.

Oh! And if you read the show & tell section... She would be number 5 "Orgasmic"!
fred.villines
Military: yes
Law Enforcement: yes
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: REC 7 & M107A1
Favorite Ammo: 6.8SPC & 338 Lapua Mag

Re: M107A1 chambered in .416

Postby fred.villines » Wed 09 Apr, 2014 8:57 am

I have to join in with this. It would be fantastic if the 107A1 in 416 Barrett was put on the available offerings. I joined forums for this reason. I want to know when, not if. I believe in the adage "The customer is always right."

Return to “M107A1”