PATRIOTS Surviving the Coming Collapse

Discussion of Responsible Preparation in the Event of a Man Made or Natural Disaster.

Moderators: Barrett Forum, Samurai, Barrett

Travelor
NRA Member: yes
Military: yes
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: 6mmBR F-Class custom

Re: PATRIOTS Surviving the Coming Collapse

Postby Travelor » Mon 18 May, 2009 5:28 am

First, the book is fiction and the addition of children would have been a distraction from the basic concepts of planning for and executing the inital plans for survival in a crisis in the first part of the book. It has been a while since I read the book, but I believe you will find that children do enter into the future in it near the end.

Second, and this is my blief, that the current societal problems have arisen in part from the removal of religion from education and families. Religious beliefs tend to control our actions when no one is watching us (another way of saying we have core religious integrity).

Let me give you and example: Do you speed on the highway? - chances are yes, because it is a law and you feel you can break it with no real repercussions. Do you kill someone? - chances are no, because your religious background tells you that this is wrong and will not go unpunished at some point. With no religious background, what is the difference between speeding and killing someone? - both are illegal - the answer is there is no difference. Religion is a basis for our country's way fo governing and treating each other that this country was founded on. Lack of religious beliefs are what I feel are causing us to deterriorate into the OBAMA change................

George
Bender
Continuing Member

Postby Bender » Mon 18 May, 2009 11:47 am

Point well taken, all I was asking was: If religion is the only form of structure one can implement in a "new beginning". It is certainly the most acceptable form of structure (based on historic records) but it has a problem, that of creating irreconcilable islands of “religions” that ignore each other until space runs out and then it comes to blows. The Muslim believer will tell you in principle exactly what the Catholic, Protestant or Jewish believer will tell you: “I believe in God and my religion is the only religion that represents that”.
I say: There is only one God and believing in God has nothing to do with “religion”. If you study it deeply enough you know that. The purpose of religion is to give structure in chaos. Structure limits, it is rigid, hard to adapt to perceptions of reality that we humans are becoming more and more aware as time goes on. Religion is also misused to control people.

My question was: Is that where we are as humans? Is that what we want to start a new beginning with, fight for etc. or are we learning something here from a situation that is really unsolvable and maybe find out what the least common denominator is between us and work from there (maybe in a new “religion”)? I am sure there are new challenges waiting for us once we advanced to the next level.

Btw. I don’t think that Bammy got elected because of lack of religion. I think that our democracy is setup, intentionally or not, to favor the poor and uneducated and a couple of smart folks have figured out to work system and voters for themselves. Here is another lesson that we can learn and take notes for the next constitution. I say: if you don’t pay taxes or serve the people in one form or another you are not "equal" and you do not have a right to vote.
And I say: That any government program has to eventually self-regulate itself out of existence once the issue for which it was created has been resolved.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, it came up in the book and somewhat has to do with a “new beginning”. I know that this is a touchy issue for a lot of folks; I am just trying to come up with constructive solutions.
Barrett M99 .416; Leupold Mark IV 8.5-25x50 LR/T M1 Illum.; BORS

If you know nothing, you can believe in anything.
Mountain
Poster

Postby Mountain » Mon 18 May, 2009 11:41 pm

I have read this book about 10 times over the years. GREAT book..... Must read.
Walt Her
Continuing Member

Postby Walt Her » Tue 19 May, 2009 10:54 pm

"The difference between truth and fiction: fiction has to make sense" -Mark Twain
Socal416
Continuing Member

Postby Socal416 » Wed 03 Jun, 2009 12:38 am

Shadow wrote:
Budaploud wrote:this is the type of book that you want to purchase with cash....
:? :? :? :? :?

Ever had a membership to the "Palladin Book Club"???? Back in the day, that would get you a visit. :lol:

Shadow- I did order some stuff from Palladin- mistake?
Samurai
Site Admin
Law Enforcement: yes
Favorite Firearm: FN LAR Paratrooper
Favorite Ammo: 7.62 mm

Postby Samurai » Wed 03 Jun, 2009 9:33 am

Are they still around?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

People think I'm paranoid because I own guns.
If I own guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"
is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".

SEMPER FI

Walt Her
Continuing Member

Postby Walt Her » Wed 03 Jun, 2009 8:26 pm

They sure are! Er, I mean, uh, I heard they were. ;) ;)

http://www.paladin-press.com/

sincerely, your friend DS300 :ninja: (Just kiddin' DS-Walt)
Walt Her
Continuing Member

Postby Walt Her » Wed 03 Jun, 2009 8:29 pm

PS One of my favorite titles for your consideration :scared:
http://www.paladin-press.com/product/576/82
...I'm just sayin'
Walt Her
Continuing Member

Postby Walt Her » Wed 03 Jun, 2009 8:30 pm

PSS Remember-"For entertainment purposes only" Not in case of running out of twinkies
Shadow
Continuing Member
Law Enforcement: yes
Favorite Firearm: Any .50BMG Barrett
Favorite Ammo: API, of course

Postby Shadow » Wed 03 Jun, 2009 9:23 pm

Socal416 wrote:
Shadow wrote:
Budaploud wrote:this is the type of book that you want to purchase with cash....
:? :? :? :? :?

Ever had a membership to the "Palladin Book Club"???? Back in the day, that would get you a visit. :lol:

Shadow- I did order some stuff from Palladin- mistake?

Naw...... But you might want to get a P.O. Box.... Really though, they don't sell (anymore) the "chemically scary" books - one I particularily remember, was:

"How to make stuff, that you shouldn't be messin with, but here's how to make it anyway.. Just don't leave this book lying around - EVER"

I know it's a long title, but you get the drift....
:iout:
ImageImageImageImage
Hognuts
Valued Member

Postby Hognuts » Sat 06 Jun, 2009 5:36 pm

Just for being on this thread I'm pretty sure we made a "list" somewhere......internet czar and all...we've got some deputy dips **t in his cubicle worried sick about some solid Americans that is the LEAST of anyones worries.....Ironic isn't it. :conf: :conf:

Return to “Survival Discussion”