What Do You Think About The Web Store?

Moderators: Barrett Forum, Samurai, Barrett

Stitch
Continuing Member
NRA Member: yes
Favorite Firearm: Springfield M1911 Gov't

NEW STORE!!!

Postby Stitch » Wed 22 Jul, 2009 7:10 am

LOVE THE NEW STORE SETUP!!! Its to bad I didnt know the store was adding cleaning supplies. I just bought a new Jag and New brushes. Dewey Rods are the best thanks for sharing!!! Also not sure where you got the brushes from or where the jag came from but I know the owner of Brownells and they have a great selection selection of that stuff unless you get a good price from the Mfg. Thanks again for all the hard work Shane, and I recieved my Bore Cleaner, might be better if it was packed in bubble wrap and not in peanuts. Love the DVD for cleaning the M82A1!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!! :cheer: :cheer:
Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves." D.H. Lawrence
Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think." Thomas A. Edison
Shane Goddard
Board Veteran
Military: yes

Re: NEW STORE!!!

Postby Shane Goddard » Wed 22 Jul, 2009 12:15 pm

Thank you!

We are always trying to improve things.
DEDMNKY
Continuing Member

Postby DEDMNKY » Wed 22 Jul, 2009 3:07 pm

The new store looks awsome i do like it better than the old setup. :cheer:
BARRETT 82A1 SEMI AUTOMATIC WITH LEUPOLD MARK 4 8.2-25X50MM WITH BORS
BUSHMASTER M-4
RUGER MINI-14 WITH LEUPOLD 3-9
WASR AK-47
CHINESE SKS
2 XD-45
BERETTA PX4 STORM 45
SPRINGFIELD ARMORY 1911 A1
SIG SAUER 1911
PARA ORDINANCE WARTHOG 45
SMITH & WESSON 500 MAG
IMI DERSERT EAGLE 50ae
Shadow
Continuing Member
Law Enforcement: yes
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: Any .50BMG Barrett
Favorite Ammo: API, of course

Postby Shadow » Wed 22 Jul, 2009 4:24 pm

I keep looking for the Pink Speedos, with the Barrett Logo on the front. What's up?

Otherwise the new store looks great. Thx.
:bow:
ImageImageImageImage
Yeadon
Continuing Member
Favorite Firearm: M82A1

Postby Yeadon » Wed 22 Jul, 2009 5:15 pm

Just got cleaning supplies today, love the new store :bow: :bow: :bow:
PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE

Postby PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE » Wed 22 Jul, 2009 7:33 pm

The new store looks great, I just wonder why you don't list everything that you have to offer, particularly accessories. I know you had a monopod for the old style rear grip for the 82, but you took it down some time ago, although when called about it, a rep said it was still available. I also noticed the webbing kit isn't in the new store, what's the story with that? A new one coming out (that should be posted if such). I just don't think Barrett owners should be kept in the dark about anything that Barrett has to offer, while there's always something new & improved coming out, please don't forget about the original Barrett owners who will likely have there rifles for a lifetime, or sell them to another Barrett lover who should be aware of their options.

I also feel that Barrett should have pics of there rifles in their drag bags, as they do for one of them, it should be done for all of them. Call me crazy, but when I actually see the two items together, that will sell me quicker than anything, instead of visualizing the two and then visualizing other manufacturers bags.

A forum member was trying to decide on which drag bag he should get for his 98b (which is still posted), I suggested the Barrett because of all the outstanding features, but he felt it would be too big for the 98B, so he opted to go with the Blackhawk, which seemingly made more sense because it wasn't as long as Barrett's drag bag, which he figured would have to much space left over.

I posted a pic of Barrett's drag bag from the Barrett magazine with a 98B secured inside, and while he already purchased the other, I really feel he would've gone for the Barrett after physically seeing how it would look inside of the bag. You've done it for your magazine, I feel it should be done for the website as well. JMHO 8-)
Yeadon
Continuing Member
Favorite Firearm: M82A1

Postby Yeadon » Wed 22 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm

PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE the Webbing Kit is under Rifle Accessories, Model 82A1/M107 Accessories, Webbing kit. I think they just put it up. Just ordered one. :)
DEDMNKY
Continuing Member

Postby DEDMNKY » Wed 22 Jul, 2009 8:35 pm

Yeah i got the web kit for mine also but i mainly just use the cheek rest but i have tried the shoulder strap and it does work. i haven't gone on a long hike or anything with it shouldered but i think it would be ok. :cheer:
BARRETT 82A1 SEMI AUTOMATIC WITH LEUPOLD MARK 4 8.2-25X50MM WITH BORS
BUSHMASTER M-4
RUGER MINI-14 WITH LEUPOLD 3-9
WASR AK-47
CHINESE SKS
2 XD-45
BERETTA PX4 STORM 45
SPRINGFIELD ARMORY 1911 A1
SIG SAUER 1911
PARA ORDINANCE WARTHOG 45
SMITH & WESSON 500 MAG
IMI DERSERT EAGLE 50ae
PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE

Postby PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE » Thu 23 Jul, 2009 6:54 am

Yeadon wrote:PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE the Webbing Kit is under Rifle Accessories, Model 82A1/M107 Accessories, Webbing kit. I think they just put it up. Just ordered one. :)

Yeah, I see it now, for some reason it wasn't there before, hopefully they'll consider some of my other suggestions, who knows :conf: :conf: :conf:

But maybe they saw my post and put up the webbing kit right away, you see everyone, all you have to do is ask ;) Now I'm asking Shane to donate a 98B to "ME" to show Barretts appreciation of my concern for their website . . . . . yeah, right :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:
Shane Goddard
Board Veteran

Postby Shane Goddard » Thu 23 Jul, 2009 8:03 am

PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE wrote:The new store looks great, I just wonder why you don't list everything that you have to offer, particularly accessories. I know you had a monopod for the old style rear grip for the 82, but you took it down some time ago, although when called about it, a rep said it was still available. I also noticed the webbing kit isn't in the new store, what's the story with that? A new one coming out (that should be posted if such). I just don't think Barrett owners should be kept in the dark about anything that Barrett has to offer, while there's always something new & improved coming out, please don't forget about the original Barrett owners who will likely have there rifles for a lifetime, or sell them to another Barrett lover who should be aware of their options.

I also feel that Barrett should have pics of there rifles in their drag bags, as they do for one of them, it should be done for all of them. Call me crazy, but when I actually see the two items together, that will sell me quicker than anything, instead of visualizing the two and then visualizing other manufacturers bags.

A forum member was trying to decide on which drag bag he should get for his 98b (which is still posted), I suggested the Barrett because of all the outstanding features, but he felt it would be too big for the 98B, so he opted to go with the Blackhawk, which seemingly made more sense because it wasn't as long as Barrett's drag bag, which he figured would have to much space left over.

I posted a pic of Barrett's drag bag from the Barrett magazine with a 98B secured inside, and while he already purchased the other, I really feel he would've gone for the Barrett after physically seeing how it would look inside of the bag. You've done it for your magazine, I feel it should be done for the website as well. JMHO 8-)

Thank you for your suggestions!

The accessories should be listed under each rifle but I just made them a little easier to find: http://www.barrettrifles.com/Store/cata ... ies,49.htm

That is a good idea about taking pictures with the rifles in the bags, I will make that happen.

Thank you!
PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE

Postby PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE » Thu 23 Jul, 2009 3:21 pm

Awsome, thanks Shane for taking the time to answer my concerns about your website :cheer:

You are absolutely one of the best employee's that Barrett could ever have . . . . . Now when can I expect my 98B :cheer: :headbang: :rofl:
BoomerMT
Poster

Postby BoomerMT » Mon 10 Aug, 2009 11:16 pm

I agree with strike( see below) about the bags. I read the thread and after seeing the pic, I went with the Barrett bag. Problem is that the bag in the pic( and in the web store ) is not the one I received. Great bag, don't get me wrong, but near as I can tell, it's different than the one on the web. Most notably, there were no straps to secure the gun! there is many rows of loops so I will be able to get it done but still a bit surprising. Doesn't look like there is the pockets for mags either. I'm going to call Trish tomorrow and see If I'm nuts or the bag I bought and the bag I got are different. Boomer
"Home of the free, because of the brave"

Return to “Web Store Feedback”