Everything Else

Moderators: Barrett Forum, Samurai, Barrett

BoomerMT
Poster
NRA Member: yes
Military: yes

MOLLE Backpack for Barrett drag bag

Postby BoomerMT » Tue 04 Aug, 2009 11:52 am

I received my Barrett drag bag today( great piece of gear) and what I'm wondering is if anyone has any experience with Molle backpacks that would attach to the loops on the drag bag? I saw a tactical drag bag online that had a pack attached but also had the shoulder straps (voodoo tactical I believe). I would like to connect a pack but make it a solid part of the bag( not loose and bouncey). Are there packs designed specifically for drag bags or will all molle packs generally be capable of attaching to larger molle gear such as the drag bag? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks, Boomer
"Home of the free, because of the brave"
DEDMNKY
Continuing Member

Re: MOLLE Backpack for Barrett drag bag

Postby DEDMNKY » Tue 04 Aug, 2009 3:24 pm

Hey boomer check out these packs they are high quality i know i own one of the skycranes so i can carry my 82a1 but they come with the rifle scabard but also are drag bags i don't see why you couldn't use the barrett bag with the pack and use the dragbag that comes with the pack for another rifle.

http://www.eberlestock.com/Tactical%20Master.htm

They also have a sale ,i think the skycrane the original they have two, but i got mine for 229.00 retail is 429 the pack is hugh.Hope this helps
BARRETT 82A1 SEMI AUTOMATIC WITH LEUPOLD MARK 4 8.2-25X50MM WITH BORS
BUSHMASTER M-4
RUGER MINI-14 WITH LEUPOLD 3-9
WASR AK-47
CHINESE SKS
2 XD-45
BERETTA PX4 STORM 45
SPRINGFIELD ARMORY 1911 A1
SIG SAUER 1911
PARA ORDINANCE WARTHOG 45
SMITH & WESSON 500 MAG
IMI DERSERT EAGLE 50ae
BoomerMT
Poster

Postby BoomerMT » Tue 11 Aug, 2009 7:11 am

Your right, those are some nice packs. To bad I didn't find them before I bought the Barrett bag. The Barrett web store needs some work, the bag I received wasn't the same as the one on the web. No tie downs or mag compartments! I guess I can make it work but seriously, if your going to sell a $375 bag you should at least get the pictures and description to match what your shipping out. I'm thinking of sending it back and getting the Eberlestock. Thanks for the tip.
DEDMNKY
Continuing Member

Postby DEDMNKY » Tue 11 Aug, 2009 2:20 pm

BoomerMT wrote:Your right, those are some nice packs. To bad I didn't find them before I bought the Barrett bag. The Barrett web store needs some work, the bag I received wasn't the same as the one on the web. No tie downs or mag compartments! I guess I can make it work but seriously, if your going to sell a $375 bag you should at least get the pictures and description to match what your shipping out. I'm thinking of sending it back and getting the Eberlestock. Thanks for the tip.

Any time boomer. :cheer:
BUSHMASTER M-4
WASR AK-47
CHINESE SKS
2 XD-45
BERETTA PX4 STORM 45
SIG SAUER 1911
SMITH & WESSON 500 MAG
IMI DERSERT EAGLE 50ae
BoomerMT
Poster

Postby BoomerMT » Mon 24 Aug, 2009 7:57 pm

I decided to hedge my bet and pick up one of the Eberlestock packs. I found the Terminator with the large scabbard new on eBay and sniped it at the last second for $305 with shipping. I actually emailed the company to ask a couple of questions and got a response from Glen Eberle himself sent on his blackberry. I thought that was pretty cool. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks for the info!
DEDMNKY
Continuing Member

Postby DEDMNKY » Mon 24 Aug, 2009 9:17 pm

Oh yeah the customer service at eberlestock is second to none thats why any high quality packs or drag bags they will get my business. Glad i could turn you on to them you'll enjoy the terminator so far you have that pack hognuts has the gunslinger and i have the skycrane who knows maybe we will all have one of their packs evventually. :headbang:
BUSHMASTER M-4
WASR AK-47
CHINESE SKS
2 XD-45
BERETTA PX4 STORM 45
SIG SAUER 1911
SMITH & WESSON 500 MAG
IMI DERSERT EAGLE 50ae