grice
NRA Member: yes
Military: yes
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: my 98Bravo
Favorite Ammo: depends on how far I shoot

Long Range 1 @ AIM in Blakely, Ga.

Postby grice » Mon 15 Oct, 2012 2:07 pm

I just finished Long Range 1 which was held in Blakely Georgia at an absoloutly beautiful location run by the folks at American International Marksmanship. Guys, this place is great and very convienient for us east coast shooters, it is a brand new facility, check it out. And the guys from Barrett were great Mr. Will Riba and Mr. Ande Gibbs did an outstanding job with the class. This class got me on target out to over 1100 yds, that is far and away well beyond anything I had done to date. I would like to thank Will and Ande for sharing their knowledge and for all the help during the class as well as for all the fun I had with you and the other students. I also made many great aquaintences with the other students who made the class alot of fun.
Bottom line is that I would recommend that virtually anyone who buys a Barrett to shoot, should take this class. It will give you more confidence in yourself and your new weapon. :cheer:
sib1948
Favorite Firearm: DTA SRS A1
Favorite Ammo: 260 Rem 140gr. Berger BT

Re: Long Range 1 @ AIM in Blakely, Ga.

Postby sib1948 » Sun 21 Oct, 2012 7:02 am

Congratulations and thanks for the report. I'm looking forward to taking one of the LR courses at Raton, NM or Gunsite in AZ. Still teething on my MRAD and only out to 500 yards so far. I have a Leupold MK4 4.5X14 TMR scope and will need more magnification at 1000 yards and beyond with my 64 year old eyes.
:cheer:
grice
Military: yes
Favorite Firearm: my 98Bravo
Favorite Ammo: depends on how far I shoot

Postby grice » Sun 21 Oct, 2012 10:00 am

I have a 12 X 42 power nightforce on mine and ended up turned down to 14-16 power for almost all of the shooting we did,and we shot out to 1130 yds. I am 50 and wear glasses so my eyes are not young and fresh either. I wish I had gotten the 5.5 X 22, it has 100 minutes of vert adjustment and absoloutly all the magnification you'll need.
Barrett Sales
Board Moderator
Favorite Firearm: REC7

Postby Barrett Sales » Mon 22 Oct, 2012 8:56 am

JohnC wrote:Got a link to this range? :cheer:

Here is a link: http://www.marksmanshipacademy.com/

Return to “After Action Reports”