Continued Barrett Training

Course Reviews

Moderators: Barrett Forum, Samurai, Barrett, Barrett Training

MannyR
NRA Member: yes
Carry Permit: yes

Continued Barrett Training

Postby MannyR » Tue 05 May, 2015 1:37 pm

As I had posted last year, I took the Long Range 1 class with my M107 50 cal in Blakely, GA April 2014. Thanks to opportunity to shoot other students guns (all but the Rec 7 where there) and the instructors MRAD, I ordered an MRAD in FDE. I took Long Range 2 in Raton, NM with my MRAD in June 2014 and had another amazing experience. I ordered the barrel conversion to .308 too and purchased another MRAD 300 WM in MRB and have enjoyed that one just as much.
I just repeated Barrett Long Range 1 class given at the Academi location to further improve my experience with and knowledge of my Barrett rifles. Upon arriving I saw Mr. Ross Viator who had assisted Mr. William Riba in last year's class and again he was an excellent instructor. Also present was Mr. Jeff Burch, Director, US Commercial Sales for Barrett who carried and transmitted a wealth of information on all our Barrett products (M107's, M82's, M99, M95 and MRAD). I inquired about the new Proof Research carbon fiber MRAD barrels and he answered every question in detail and expertise. The class was run in a professional but friendly manner and because we had such a good group we moved quickly through both the class material and range time. Just as in my first class, I had the opportunity to try different Barrett platforms, I offered my MRAD for all the other students to experience as well. I had a great time, reinforced my understanding of the material, practiced at a top notch facility and got instruction from two very knowledgeable teachers.
I am already confirmed to return to Raton, NM again this June for Barrett Long Range 2 for my second time in that class. The challenge is greater and the experience is too. I look forward to seeing Barrett's instructors there again for further advancement of my shooting education.
And I have ordered a carbon fiber barrel conversion for my MRAD's in 260 Remington and some of their excellent scope rings for my other rifles too. It is such a pleasurable experience and I have seen 3 pairs of father/sons taking the class together that I wish to do the same. In my case though, it will be one of my daughters accompanying me.

Thank you all at Barrett, from designers, to trainers, to sales and customer service.
sincerely,
Manny Rico

Return to “After Action Reports”