Black hills praire dogs beware!

Hunting Discussions

Moderators: Barrett Forum, Samurai, Barrett

Hognuts
Valued Member

Black hills praire dogs beware!

Postby Hognuts » Thu 18 Aug, 2011 11:09 pm

Heading up the the Black Hills of South Dakota for a wedding, taking the 99 with me to liquify some prarie dogs, will post up pics and possibly videos of the carnage! :cheer:
Bad Rat
NRA Member: yes
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: 98B, 82A1, 1911 TRP
Favorite Ammo: Hornady A-Max & V-Max

Re: Black hills praire dogs beware!

Postby Bad Rat » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 12:48 pm

Hognut you're going to have fun. I leave a month from today for 4 days of P-Dawg'in. Same area. We have 5 Dog Towns to choose from on private Ranch Land. Enjoy...

"Safety" "yea I heard of it. It's that mechanism on the side of a Gun to keep you from shooting people you like".

"Talked to GA Precision yesterday. Conversation basically went straight to "Credit Card Number please"...Gun should be ready in about 4-6 weeks."
Hognuts
Valued Member

Postby Hognuts » Fri 16 Sep, 2011 3:02 pm

I made it up there, but we ended up being busy helping set up for a wedding so didn't get any p-dog time, I have family there and also know some landowners on some ranches in the area, so I WILL get it done on one of my trips up there....right now getting things dialed in for deer elk hunting, just in case the 30/06 wont reach em :camo:
Bad Rat
NRA Member: yes
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: 98B, 82A1, 1911 TRP
Favorite Ammo: Hornady A-Max & V-Max

Postby Bad Rat » Tue 20 Sep, 2011 10:54 pm

Hognuts wrote:I made it up there, but we ended up being busy helping set up for a wedding so didn't get any p-dog time, I have family there and also know some landowners on some ranches in the area, so I WILL get it done on one of my trips up there....right now getting things dialed in for deer elk hunting, just in case the 30/06 wont reach em :camo:

Hognuts sorry to hear you didn't have time. I am leaving tomorrow afternoon for 4 days of P-Dogg'in. Bringing 11 Riffles (17 HMR, 22LR, 22WMR, .204 Ruger (2x) .223 (2x), Slidefire 5.56, 22-250, .308 and Barret 82A1) 600 Rounds (120 XM33 for the Barrett) per and my Tactical Shot Gun for the Rattle Snakes. Fueled and Loaded the Semi tonight and we are ready to roll...should hit Mitchell, SD about 2:00 am get our Furbearer License at 9:00 am and off to Longvalley, SD by 2:00 pm for a Coyote Shoot. A buddy of mine got a call from a friend that has a ranch out there and has a bad Coyote problem. The GA Precision .308 is going to get a workout I hope on the Yotes'. Last year I got 84 Dogs in an hour and 15 minutes. Might not sleep tonight...I'm on the chip as they say in Racing...Good luck on the Elk!!!
"Safety" "yea I heard of it. It's that mechanism on the side of a Gun to keep you from shooting people you like".

"Talked to GA Precision yesterday. Conversation basically went straight to "Credit Card Number please"...Gun should be ready in about 4-6 weeks."

Return to “Hunting”