NRA Member: yes
Military: yes
Law Enforcement: yes
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: 98 Bravo
Favorite Ammo: 6.8 SPC

Rec7 SPEC I and SPEC II Chambers.

Postby ebicker » Tue 26 Apr, 2011 3:38 pm

Just spoke to Kevin Fry. I asked him if the Rec7 is SPEC I or SPEC II. He said ALL REC7's are SPEC II's So, it will digest all ammo designed. Kevin said that SILVER STATE ARMORY (SSA TNT 90 grain) is too high in chamber pressure. I talked with Service Department at Barrett. They confirmed that SSA TNT in 6.8 SPC is better not used in any REC7. But the most important point is that all 6.8 SPC REC7's are SPEC II chambered.
Barrett1
Favorite Firearm: Whatever is in my hands.

Re: Rec7 SPEC I and SPEC II Chambers.

Postby Barrett1 » Tue 26 Apr, 2011 3:57 pm

Just to clarify about the SSA Ammo, check out the previous statement in our forum:

WARNING – Barrett Firearms Manufacturing, Inc. has determined through independent third party testing that Silver State Armory 90gr TNT loads manufactured prior to June 2010 may develop dangerous pressure levels, and should not be fired in any Barrett rifles. Use of this ammunition may cause damage to your Barrett rifle, personal injury or death. A link to Silver State Armory’s statement will be posted as it becomes available.

SSA TNT 90gr loads manufactured after June 2010 operate at a lower pressure level and are safe to use.

http://barrettrifles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2186
jcollins0001

Postby jcollins0001 » Sun 24 Nov, 2013 12:27 pm

I have a REC 7 6.8 spc that is a 1/10 twist. How can I tell if it has a SPEC II Chamber ?

I bought the gun direct from barret in November of 2009 if that helps.

Also, Does anyone know thread size for the barrel nut? I would like to replace it with another muzzle device ?

Thanks,

Jeff
Barrett Sales
Board Moderator
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: REC7

Postby Barrett Sales » Mon 25 Nov, 2013 9:54 am

All Rec7's have SPC II Chambers.
Thread pitch form barrel nut to receiver is 1 1/4-18 TPI
Thread pitch on the muzzle brake depends on which muzzle device was installed at the factory at the time:
Thread pitch from muzzle brake to barrel muzzle is 1/2-28 TPI with an A2 flash hider
Thread pitch from muzzle brake to barrel muzzle is 5/8-24 TPI with a M468 muzzle brake
Hope this helps.

Return to “REC7”